The holiday season is upon us. This is a time to reflect on everything we are thankful for. Sometimes it is easy to get caught up in our busy lives and forget how lucky we are.  I want to be sure that my children never forget how fortunate they are. I also want to teach them to care for and help others in need.  This is sometimes a difficult lesson to teach a 5 year old, especially during Christmas time. My daughter, Skye, is already compiling her Christmas wish list. That is why I really want to show Skye how to do something that will positively impact someone’s life.

I thought that helping families and children around the same age as Skye would help make the lesson a little more relevant for her. So I researched about Compass Family Services in San Francisco.  This is an organization that provides housing services and other comprehensive support to families in need. They serve approximately 2300 families per year. I thought, what a great opportunity to help!

Please help Skye raise funds to buy necessary items to help San Francisco families in need. Our goal is to raise $250. With these funds we will buy various items that will help Compass Family Services provide necessities for children and families.

Here’s how you can help:

Donate on our Razoo campaign by clicking here: https://www.razoo.com/us/story/Bxy36f

Send a contribution through paypal at: paypal.me/NShurill

If you want to donate items please email us at: thepolowaiians@gmail.com to schedule a pickup or delivery.

Here’s a list of items that Compass Family Services Needs:

·         Diapers of all sizes, including pull ups

·         Travel sized toiletries

·         New socks and underwear for children and adults

·         School and arts & craft supplies - pencils, markers, stickers, pens, glitter, paper, feathers, etc.

·         Canned and other non-perishable food items

·         Feminine hygiene products

Comments

11/26/2016 7:26am

Such a great campaign they are running from their blogs ,would be appreciated as much as we could. I'll surely donate for that poor family and also tell my friends to donate for them too.

04/19/2017 8:57pm

Being a serious example to our children is something they can have all through their lives. Of course, we all learn from what or how our parents acts to other people and how they act. You guys are doing a skillful job, you are really being a role model to them. Thank you for sharing this good story to us, you really inspire me. I hope people who will visit your profile will also be inspired and perform it.

I really admire you for teaching your daughter how to be a good Samaritan. Nowadays, we are so busy with so many things that we tend to forget what's really important, and that is nurturing our children to become helpful, compassionate and loving. We are so busy thinking of our basic needs that we tend to forget that our spirit also needs feeding. We can do so by doing good towards our fellowman. And what better way to teach our children our ways but to show them and lead them by example. This is also the perfect time for it for Christmas, the season of giving, is fast approaching.

03/03/2017 8:39am

I think I'm gonna go for icecream now. I have a very summer attitude)

03/05/2017 4:28am

ello sir, after I read the article you get to the bottom, It is very interesting to see, its content can provide benefits, and also the lessons, I really love it.

Nice Post !! I like it, it also comprises a lot of useful facts. thanks to share your experience.

05/31/2017 4:26pm

I must say your site is very helpful, I also love the design, amazing!
I'll be back in a day or two. Thanks for a great site
Thanks much for sharing

Nice information.

06/09/2017 1:15am

Nice information.

A massive part of the net journals agree with themselves as most usable and refreshed web sites with new information but subsequently fact may additionally certainly one of a kind. I want to percentage some actualities diagnosed with this problem a great manner to assist people to enhance their aptitudes.

09/15/2017 7:13am

A lot of good comments, which means it's the right address.